GRADE-X Service Bay Diagnostics
A Different Approach to Vehicle Diagnostics
The GRADE-X suite of products brings efficiency in content development, management, reuse, and distribution to a new level. Reduce development and validation effort by authoring diagnostic content once and publishing to multiple targets. For example, create a flash sequence that can be used in the service bay and via software update over the air. Utilize session data and data analytics framework to drive an efficient, targeted content development approach promoting fix it right the first time efficiency.
GRADE-X reduces the cost of creating and maintaining diagnostics content via the Dynamic Content Model architecture. The Dynamic Content Model emphasizes a data driven architecture, which in turn promotes diagnostic, rather than software skills, and a structured approach. Furthermore, it is based on international industry standards such as ODX & OTX and is entirely configurable and extensible as required by the customer. Such a standard based approach helps to promote interoperability across tools and between departments and suppliers.
Integrated Development Environment
GRADE-X IDE is an Integrated Development Environment product used to author and test standard-based diagnostic content published to multiple targets (service bay, over the air, embedded in ECUs, VCI...). It includes the functionality of the full runtime environment so you can execute, interactively monitor, and debug the authored content before system integration testing and validation on the full runtime environment. GRADE-X IDE supports development and verification through:
- Execution of the diagnostic packages using an embedded runtime
- Interactive debugging using user defined breakpoints, step by step execution, resume/suspend, stop on exception etc.
- Variable watch to see actual values changing during execution
- Configurable communications simulation for vehicle-less validation
- Console view of the GRADE-X logging output from the Authoring or runtime, and the ability to hyperlink from the logging output directly to the source authored content
Focused on Authoring Productivity
- All authoring and debugging takes place in one unified framework Eclipse Framework Integration
- Open framework allowing third party extensions, e.g. repositories, workflow tools, and editors
- ISO compliant test authoring (ISO13209)
- Easy to use graphical editor
- Data modeling environment to enforce authoring policies and improve efficiency
Today the GRADE-X IDE authoring tool is used by hundreds of Bosch and OEM authors worldwide who in turn deliver content to a runtime environment used by tens of thousands of workshop technicians globally.
PC based diagnostics for off-the-shelf or custom deployment
GRADE-X Standard provides an effective diagnostic framework to execute and distribute diagnostic content to the end user using tablets or PCs running the Windows operating system.
GRADE-X Supported Standards
GRADE-X complies with the following internationally recognized vehicle diagnostic standards
- ISO 13209-2 and ISO13209-3
- ISO 22900-2 (D-PDU API)
- ISO 22901-1 (ODX)
- SAE J2534-1/2
- TMC RP1210-B
The GRADE-X Standard User Runtime is based on the following technologies
- Java SE (Standard Edition)
- jQuery Mobile (HTML5 and CSS3 UI
GRADE-X Standard and GRADE-X Mobile runtimes provide the following functionality and capabilities which are operated touch-screen friendly and easy to use user interfaces:
- Vehicle identification tool
- Symptom triage and DTC information tool
- Data monitoring tool
- Symptom based guided troubleshooting tool f Diagnostic and programming functions
- Service and maintenance procedures
- Input/output control
- Diagnostic tests
- Calibration, configuration and coding
- FLASH programming
- Session report
Fully online diagnostics for effective dealership coordination
GRADE-X Mobile facilitates user management, the rapid distribution of content updates and coordination with a central OEM server
Data analytics for managing automotive after-sales
Enabling Learning Organizations
In a shifting and evolving marketplace, successful organizations need to be able to adapt rapidly and exploit new opportunities effectively. Accomplishing this systematically requires information, not data: Information resides within data, but is distinct in that it is something that can be accessed, interpreted and acted upon within a timeframe in which it can provide an advantage. GRADE-X Insight enables learning organizations to harvest this evidence reliably, systematically and effectively. What constitutes “information”, as defined previously, is dependent upon the organization in question and its operational environment. GRADE-X Insight is designed to be tailored to ensure that the deployed system is the optimum for the requirements and circumstances.
Integrate, Analyze, Cultivate
GRADE-X Insight is a three tier offering allowing organizations to roll out their deployment in a step wise manner.
- For customers new to analytics, accelerates understanding of their data content with advanced visualization techniques.
- Integrate and visualize disperate data sources
- For customers experienced with analytics who want to interrogate and analyze their data
- Develop complex interpretation of existing data
- For customers who have a drive for data driven decisions
- Using structured and data governed models: create prediction alogrithms for future metrics
Warranty claims can take up to six months to be created within the dealer system, yet the diagnostic data is available as soon as the service tool is connected back to the network.
Bringing this information into the analytical ecosystem of GRADE-X Insight allows Warranty Predictive Models to be created. Predictive accuracies of 80% have already been achieved, enabling pre-emptive warnings of claims to be generated two months in advance.
Such an approach allows customers to:
- Set alerting modules for similar instances, based on almost real time data
- Direct specialized technicians to investigate DTC correlations and focus on informtation contained within the Warranty Claims
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org